Military Veteran (Student) Fellow
TFX Capital is announcing our new Fellows program. Based in Charlotte, NC our mission is “To accelerate the success of accomplished former military Founders in order to deliver investor returns, develop teams and grow a value-added network.” Since 2015, we have invested in and supported mission-driven Founders and their teams across the US in a wide array of industries.
We are looking for dynamic and driven Veterans completing their degrees (full time students) to work with us for six months. The Fellowship will begin in mid-January 2021 and run through the end of June. Since we know that students are very busy we will work to align schedules with projects and deliverables at TFX.
The position is on a voluntary basis if used for academic credit. If not for academic credit, the position will be paid.
Preferred Background and Areas of Study
- Honorably discharged/retired military Veteran
- Full-time students
- Rising juniors or seniors at undergraduate institutions; pursuing finance, business management or entrepreneurship degrees
Potential Roles & Responsibilities may include
- Assist with market research
- Assist with deal due-diligence and follow-up
- Support signature event(s) coordination and planning (if travel is required, notified well in advance)
- Lead small projects related to the firm’s growth
- Opportunities to interact with and support portfolio companies’ leaders and staff
- Support modeling and other data-analytics opportunities
- Estimated time commitment: 2-4hrs/week of activity (remote/virtual)
This program is ideal for Veteran students looking to increase their awareness around the Venture Capital industry, extend their market knowledge, and accelerate their commercial networking.
How to apply
Submit a 1-page letter/essay covering (1) why you chose to serve, (2) why you selected the academic institution you are at, and (3) what you hope to gain/learn from the Fellowship with TFX Capital
ABOUT TFX CAPITAL
TFX is the first venture capital firm exclusively focused on investing in high performing military leaders driving early stage technology (software) startups. We focus on Business-to-Business enterprise solutions across many industries. We are actively investing out of our second fund and manage $15M in assets. Some of our more recent investment areas include digital health, blockchain, supply chain finance, and cyber. Our portfolio companies have raised capital from top firms like Bold Capital, TechStars, NextGen Ventures, University Ventures, Rotunda Capital, and others.